Summer in East Texas

Monday, July 11, 2011














When I was a girl, I spent most of my summers here.

Both my mother and father were born and raised in Marshall. Even though I too began my life in East Texas, by the age of five I was up in New Jersey living in a vastly different environment.

At the end of each school year I would pack my bags, brave the airport alone, and travel back to this beautiful place.

Life seems to be slower and simpler here. It is a place I want Carson to know and love, the way I do.

This is where she will be for the rest of the week. It is her first long summer trip to Texas and so far, it has been amazing!

The rest of the week will be dedicated to our adventures out here, hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Tine said...

Oh such beautiful romantic pictures! I'd love to be there! It looks so peaceful!

angela mayhoe said...

I have college friends from Marshall. I went to school in Denton. Love love love your pics.

TheMuslin

LET IT BE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips