Our dear friends are having a baby girl and we could not be more excited!!!
On Sunday I was lucky enough to be a part of hosting a shower for Miss Casey. She is not the game playing, pastel pink, squealing over baby gifts type.....so we kept it pretty simple.
- Paper lanterns, honeycomb and paper poofs, and petaled versions clustered.(a new one for me that turned out pretty, but took hours to do. project includes cutting millions of circles from tissue paper and gluing them in rows to the lanterns)
- Felt and twine flagging.
- Card stock circle and doily bunting.
- Streamer garland, again.
- Wood letter and clothespin banner, painted by the lovely Ashley.
- Sunflower and Hydrangea arrangements.
- All decor hung from Contact hooks, genius for decorating without damaging walls and wood.
- Lots of cheese and crackers, an assortment.
- Crudite with hummus and dips.
- Cheese straws.
- Sausage balls topped with pecans.
- Mini cheesecakes and kiwi pies.
- Miniature cream cheese mints.
- Izze in adorable little cans. (soon to be moms drink of choice)
- Yummy pink lemonade punch, served in Ball Jars with the most adorable striped straws.
- Water and wine.
While I was setting up in the morning, I had the news on covering the Memorial Services for 9.11. It felt sort of strange to be celebrating on such a sad day. I felt conflicted. It is hard to believe that has been ten years. In the end I felt good about celebrating life, it seemed appropriate and right and comforting!