The Things I Do

Friday, November 11, 2011



I'm very good at climbing
I nearly climbed a tree
But just as I was almost up
I sort of skinned my knee.

I'm wonderful at walking
I almost walked a mile
But when I got around the block
I rested for a while.

I'm excellent at swimming
Though I'm not very old
I almost swam the ocean
But the water was too cold.

But what I'm really best at
Is skipping down the hall.
I'm very good at skipping.
I'm wonderful at skipping.
I'm marvelous at skipping.
That is unless I fall.


So, I had kind of a rough week! Lots of over-analyzing and second-guessing, and even more comparing myself to others...........boooooo! It happens. Sometimes you just get stuck in a rut and everything you do feels like a failure and totally lame. If I am being totally honest, I lose my confidence often and easily. It is something I am working hard to improve!

There was a time when I didn't bounce back so quickly. I would pout and sulk for weeks, months........ Not anymore. I give myself 24-48 hours tops and then I look around at my amazing little family and feel embarrassed because.......what am I complaining about, again? I forget?

I read these children's poems to Carson and laugh because, I could learn a few things myself. I'm tempted to give up sometimes, because historically thats what I do to avoid failure, but what kind of example is that? I would rather fail then quit because it's all about the journey, not the destination- right?!

2 comments:

leslie said...

Cute poem! Keep up the good work because even when you have a crappy day, people still enjoying reading what you write/post. Have a good weekend!

jora said...

I love that you give yourself a time limit to feel badly. Great idea....I am going adopt it myself! xo

LET IT BE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips