Sunghee Bang

Tuesday, January 24, 2012















We FINALLY have some cold yucky weather and it is making me insanely happy! It has been raining for days here in and I love it! It is so nice to get up in the morning and put on cozy knits and chunky boots.....my favorite combination!

This past weekend I was browsing around and ended up on a website of this amazing showroom, that I was lucky enough to frequent on buying trips to New York, called W29. They always had the most amazing jewelry, so I was looking for some great new lines when I discovered Sunghee Bang.

At its core, minimal innovative shapes and exquisite tailoring define Sunghee’s aesthetic. Her meticulous techniques in patternmaking, knitting, and textiles give her ready-to-wear basics an understated allure and depth. Her designs reflect the idea that a touch of androgyny makes a woman more feminine, and minimalism is always sophisticated

The Fall 2011 Collection is full of THE most amazing knit pieces! I knit constantly and love it, but because I am self taught.......I am extremely limited. Maybe it's time to sign up for a class?!

Attended Fashion Institute of Technology and won first place in both her Associates and Bachelor of Fine Art graduation shows. Interned with Donna Karen, J Mendel, Jill Stuart and Peter Som. Apprenticeship with Alexander McQueen.......started her own line straight out of school. Clearly she is destined to be a hugely successful designer!

all images and text: sungheebang.com

1 comments:

Tine said...

Would wear every single piece!!

LET IT BE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips