I LOVE MY FAMILY

Wednesday, March 14, 2012



You fill up my senses like a night in a forest,
Like the mountains in springtime,
Like a walk in the rain, like a storm in the desert,
Like a sleepy blue ocean.
You fill up my senses, come fill me again.
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/j/john+denver/you+fill+up+my+senses_10152148.html ]
Come let me love you, let me give my life to you,
Let me drown in your laughter, let me die in your arms.
Let me lay down beside you, let me always be with you
Come let me love you, come love me again.

Let me give my life to you,
Come let me love you, come love me again.

You fill up my senses like a night in a forest,
Like the mountains in springtime,
Like a walk in the rain, like a storm in the desert,
Like a sleepy blue ocean.
You fill up my senses, come fill me again.

lyrics: Mr. John Denver

Lately, I have been thinking that my husband is pretty dreamy!

A couple of weeks ago when we celebrated our wedding anniversary, we spent an hour running around in the rain downtown. Thrilled we couldn't find the place we were looking for and soaking wet, we jumped in the car to head home. He had picked some old CDs out before our date and luckily the random mix he put in yielded some amazing John Denver songs we had not listened to in ages. It was the perfect choice for the ride home! Cuyler sang and I listened, happily! Since then I keep putting the CD back in and listening to this song. It's kind of mushy and sappy and all, but I guess that's the kind of mood I have been in!

Yesterday we had our first meeting with the Social Worker that will be handling our Homestudy for the adoption. We have finished our autobiographies and questionnaires and have a renewed sense of hope and excitement about the adoption. I guess we are being fueled by the sense of accomplishment, and our movement forward. The woman that is working with us is kind and easy to talk to, and I feel incredibly thankful for that! We visited for two hours, telling the story of how we met, explaining the dynamic of our relationship, describing our approach to parenting. It has been a lot to think about! Easy questions to answer, but difficult to articulate! Sitting across from Cuyler and hearing all of the amazing things he has to say about me and our life, drawing on his strength and calmness when I feel tears stinging my eyes.......it made me even more thankful for him!

PS. Need another reason to believe that my husband is dreamy? He is sending me to Chicago tmw to spend the weekend with my amazing friend, whom I love dearly. I am going all alone, just me and my camera and a few pieces of clothing......can you believe that?

this amazing print and many more: beauchamping

0 comments:

LET IT BE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips