CREATIVE COURAGE

Friday, January 18, 2013





Two short weeks from now I will be hanging these and 15+ other pieces in a local coffee shop.  I am terrified and elated!

Years ago I made my first collage using free Dallas newspapers.  After many kind words and lots of encouragement from friends and family I decided to start making more using other materials (WWD papers and BAZAAR magazines, above)

Many times I have vowed to take the risk, drum up some creative courage and put my work out there.  And so, yesterday I finally did.

I feel so lucky to have received positive feedback right away.  But, my excitement is quickly turning into panic.........when will I find the time to work?  What if no one likes them?  Is this really the ideal time to try to become an artist, with a brand new baby and all?

Anyone that knows me well, might be rolling their eyes about now.  Taking on too many things at once might be patterned behavior for me. It is possible that I have a history of taking multi-tasking to a whole new level.

Usually I perform well under pressure, but I did just turn another year older and become a mother of two.  Lets hope I've still got it.  Wish me luck, I will be sure to share progress.

all images:  me and mine, thanks!

3 comments:

Nick said...

Congrats, Steph!

katie//salt+pine said...

I love them! I wish I could see them in person!

Unknown said...

This is really nice no wonder why you get tumblr followers this much.

LET IT BE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips