There are few things that can be more impactful in a look then a great shoe!
No matter when or where you got your clothes, or how much you spent on them...an incredible pair of shoes can instantaneously elevate the look.
In my opinion if you are going to spend in one category of your closet, it should be shoes every time. An amazing shoe can update every piece in your wardrobe!
You might be tempted to blow your budget on the IT bag of the moment? Don't do it. Bags can be so popular that they become recognizable and dated looking.
Additional advice for shoe shopping:
- Select carefully, don't duplicate what already exists in your closet. Shoes don't get dirty like clothes, you will never need two pairs that serve the same purpose.
- It's good to have variety in heel height and shape, toe design, ankle strap details and hardware.
- Don't be afraid of color and prints, they tend to add the most to simple and classic outfits.
- Take good care of your shoes. Bringing them to the cobbler every year or so can make all the difference in how long they last and how good they look.
- Shop sales. Being patient and getting the shoes you are truly in love with for half the price mid- season is SO much better then buying the cheap version full price because you didn't want to wait.
all images: solestruck (a shoe shop in Portland I hope to see in person soon!)