One Pot Wonder: Turkey Chili

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I was on the phone with my little sister today giving her some ideas of new things to cook when I realized it would be a great topic to post a little series on. What is better then a recipe where you chop and drop into a single pot and then simmer?

Over the years I have collected lots of simple affordable recipes like this. These are meals that are easy to make at the end of a long day, perfect for leftover lunches for Cuyler the next day, kind to my grocery budget, and typically pretty healthy for my family to eat. Most importantly........they are delicious! (At least we think they are)

30 Minute Turkey Chili:

The original recipe is from Food Network Kitchens Making it Easy.
2-3 TBS of extra virgin olive oil in a large pot. A yellow onion chopped. 5 cloves of garlic grated or chopped.
Season with 1 TBS kosher salt, 2 Tsp Chipotle Chili Powder (or regular if you don't like it spicy), & 1 Tsp Oregano.
Saute and add 1 small can of tomato sauce. Add 1 lb of ground turkey, brown.
Pour 1 Mexican Beer and reduce by half.
Prepare toppings: green onion (I found these gorgeous locally grown salad vidalia onions- yum), shredded cheddar, and greek yogurt (in place of sour cream).
Add 1 lg can of whole tomatoes. Break them up with your spoon and add 1 can of kidney beans. Simmer for 10 minutes.
I serve my chili with a scoop of organic brown rice. I always have a bowl of it made in the fridge.
For dessert- seasonal fruit: honey tangerines and strawberries, yum!!!

0 comments:

LET IT BE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips