The Practical Encylopedia of Good Decorating and Home Improvement

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

























I have been shuffling things around the house since getting home from the road trip. There is something about a long trip that inspires you to get home and get organized. Anyway, I moved these books from the guest room into the master and set them up on my dresser. Now I see them daily, and I'm excited to dig in and see what kind of inspiration is hidden inside! Thought it might be fun to share........

I got this amazing set of books about a year ago. Dad was sorting through my Memaw's books, deciding who would get what. I jumped for joy when I cracked the first one open. Is it wrong that I would happily move into most of these rooms, as they are?

I am starting at the beginning, the first of eighteen books, section one:
ABC's OF DECORATING
The Basic Guidelines You Need To Start Improving Your Home:

Besides the above amazing images, categories include:
  1. Color
  2. Scale
  3. Style
  4. Pattern and texture
  5. Room arrangement
  6. Floors
  7. Walls
  8. Windows
  9. Fabrics and wall coverings
  10. Lighting
all images: The Practical Encylopedia of Good Decorating and Home Improvement (get your own copy here)

0 comments:

LET IT BE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips