Cuyler and I went to Music Midtown on Saturday and had the MOST amazing time!
We tried very hard and could not remember the last time that we spent that many consecutive hours without child just the two of us. Pretty sad!
We LOVE seeing live music and it is always our first choice when sneaking in a date.
The weather was AMAZING! The crowd was plenty large, but not overwhelming. There was lots of great people watching and tons of great music!
- The Postelles
- The Constellations
- Walk The Moon
- The Joy Formidable
- Band of Skulls
- Manchester Orchestra
- Young The Giant
- The Black Keys
- Cage The Elephant
- Cold beer and fresh squeezed vodka lemonade
- BBQ brisket sandwiches
- Fries with salt and vinegar aoli
- Jalapeno tofu corn dogs
- Lots of denim, tons of cut offs
- Lace and crochet
- Fringe, Fringe, and more Fringe
- Lace up booties and shoes
- Cross body bags and extra small purses
- Printed skirts and dresses
- A surprising amount of body con clothing
- Face paint
- Belts on EVERYTHING!
- A group of teenage girls desperately trying to score beers......eventually succeeding.
- 10 teenage girls sharing 2 beers.
- A college student sitting next to us studying her Art History notecards, in the middle of the show. Her parents would be proud!
- Cuyler offering to put me on his shoulders, um?!
- After leaving before Coldplay with no regrets, we heard Jay-Z blaring and for half a second considered running back in. Dirty trick, Chris Martin!
If I had to pick a favorite.......Young The Giant. Although, you might notice above that I had a total moment of lameness and jumped up to bother Band of Skulls walking past our blanket.
Anyone that knows me is aware that I hate being in front of the camera, so this is definitely abnormal behavior! It might have been the drinks that gave me the nerve, or just plain confusion, since it all happened so fast? Regardless, Pretty hilarious!
I had THE best time with my hubby! I sure am a lucky girl to have such a great guy, he really knows how to treat his lady right!