CARSON LANE

Friday, August 23, 2013


Where does the time go?

In just two days our sweet Carson turns five?!
I am not sure that I am handling as well as I should.

This mornings conversation:

HER:  Mom (squirming to get away)

ME:  Just stay a minute (trying to hold her close)

HER:  But I'm busy (clearly annoyed)

ME:  Just one hug and one kiss (sounding far to desparate)

HER:  OK, fine (tolerating me barely)

ME:  Just one more minute..... I love you (feeling surprisingly choked up)

HER:  I know so let me go (as she pulls away)

Ugh.  The words hit me hard.

How did she grow up so fast and could it possibly already be time to start letting go?  It's kind of feeling like the beginning of the end and that is completely terrifying!  Emotions I plan to address later.

This weekend we are having a nonstop celebration of Carson.  Party Saturday and Birthday Sunday.  There are far too many gifts hidden away that need wrapping.  In between festivities we will be looking back at all the pics and videos from the year and I will be filling out the last year of her baby book.

As sad as it is to see her grow older every year, I am incredibly excited to see what the future holds.  She is truly the smartest, kindest, sweetest, funniest kid I have ever known.  I am so proud to be her momma and so lucky to be a part of her life!

Follow along in the fun here.
Also, wanted to share this interview I did with Hello Society here.
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you...its awful!!! When did she get this old? Hope she has a very happy birthday!!! We miss her so much! Amy

Ashley said...

Such a cute collage!!

LET IT BE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips