JOSH HEDGE

Friday, August 2, 2013































While I was home in New Jersey earlier this summer I acquired an old SLR of my step dads.  Stuck up in a cabinet with a roll of film still inside, it hasn't been used in ages and has been long since forgotten.

There was a time when we were a normal and happy family, vacationing and celebrating, snapping loads of pictures along the way.  Dad lugged the camera bag on trips and mom ordered a case of matching albums that she filled with images of all of our fun,

But, that was a long time ago.

My parents divorce has been official for a while and after a decade of struggle, our family is finally moving on.  My youngest brother is headed off to college in a few short weeks, my mother will move soon after.  Everything in the house is up for grabs, mementos for us to divvy up.

I am terrified to get the camera into the shop, see if the film is salvageable......flip through the photographs and see where it all comes to a screeching halt.   It is hard to say what I am honestly hoping to see.

This is what I love about photography.


It is an amazing thing to be able to capture moments, simple moments even, that can mean so much.  Lately I have been especially interested in people that shoot on film cameras.

How beautiful are these images from photographer Josh Edge?  Sweet moments.  Magical images.

His writing is really encouraging me to pick up that camera and see what happens.  I am feeling inspired.

Maybe it's time to take some new pictures with that old camera, capture joyful moments once again.  It's   funny how things can come full circle like that.  Now I have a family of my own, moments of my own, children of my own......and the same camera.  Crazy when things can mean so much!

all images:  Josh Edge

0 comments:

LET IT BE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips