DOTTED

Wednesday, September 4, 2013









If you live in Atlanta and attended the Shaky Knees Festival, you might have seen me wearing this outfit, dancing to the Lumineers in the rain. (with different shoes on, of course)

In my opinion, there is nothing more versatile than a full and flowing midi skirt, nothing more flattering!

Easy to wear, comfortable, flattering on all body types, feminine and flirty, but edgy when styled properly.....the midi skirt is the answer.  It can be appropriate for all occasions and can be dressed up or down with the right accessories.

I found this dotted skirt while thrifting.  When I am shopping for vintage I tend to stay away from tops and jackets and go for skirts and pants.  Usually the fabrications are more natural, less synthetic and age better as a result.  Full skirts in silk or wool always become forever favorites.

The painted tee was something I purchased in a dark bar during Nashville Fashion Week (sample sale, Amanda Valentine)  The shoes were a last minute impulse by on my way out of town that same weekend, I could not resist the color.  Both are things I have loved wearing all summer long.

Details:
Evil eye tee- Amanda Valentine, here and more goodness from her here.  Dotted skirt- thrifted, similar options below.  Blazer- Banana Republic (old), similar here and here. Shoes- Pelle Moda (no longer available), alternatives here and here.  Crossbody- Elaine Turner, here.

Join in on the MIDI MADNESS.......

0 comments:

LET IT BE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips