UNO

Wednesday, October 23, 2013













There isn't a day that goes by that I don't look at her and wonder...

How could I be so lucky?  What did I do to deserve her?

As a first time adoptive mother, I worried...

If I am being completely honest, I worried a lot.

I worried about all the unknown details (the details that might always be unknown)

I worried about all that was out of my control (things that I might never be able to control)

I worried about big things and little things...about everything.

Then I met Sawyer.

Her big eyes and long lashes, her sweet little mouth.

She looked familiar.  She smelled familiar.

My fear faded, because...

I knew that she was mine.

What an incredible year it has been.  What a joy it is to be a part of her life.  What a privilege it is to be her mother and watch her grow and learn.  I can not wait to see what the future holds!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Love these!! The finger up the nose is one to bring back out at her wedding!!

Beth C said...

I need to meet her!

The Buck Family said...

Funny, your thoughts, fears, etc are exactly like mine were when I had my bio kids. Motherhood is like that, no matter how it's acheived. Congrats to you and your beautiful little one.

LET IT BE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips