Anatomy of a Room (volume four)

Wednesday, March 16, 2011


Framed Letters: DIY, frames- Ikea painted. fabric- Joannes. letters- Michaels. Animals: gifts.

Glider/Recliner: Storytime Series- Lone Star Baby. Rug: World Market. Floor Lamp & Shade- Ikea. Curtains and Rods- World Market.

Bookshelf: thrifted. Lamps and Baskets: Target. Shades: Ikea. Picture Frames: Pier One. Photos: Cuyler and Scooter. Stephanie and Papaw.

Books: mixed, mostly gifted.

Boots: Hunter, Zappos.

C for Carson.


ABC Flashcards: collaged, gift from Marmee, Land Of Nod.


Picture Frames: Target and antique. Photos: Cuyler and Grand Marmee, Stephanie and Memaw. Drawers: thrifted and painted, replaced nobs all from Home Depot. Nightlight-Offi, Fawn and Forest . Bed and Bedding: Ikea. (This bed is amazing! Its affordable and adjustable. We started out with it shorter then this making it an easy transition out of the crib, and it extends to full twin bed for later.)

Basket and Storage Boxes (under bed) Ikea. Books: Sandy Springs Library.


Armiore: vintage. Crosses: mixed and gifted. Hamper: Container Store.

Lovely little Spring dresses.

Beach hat and summer shoes.

Pretty twirly skirts.

My sweet Carson's original nursery.

So here is my little girls room. I can not believe that she is not a baby anymore!

Carson's room has a great mix of furniture, prints, and patterns. Instead of buying a matching coordinating set of furniture, I repurposed a few pieces we already owned and found some great new textiles. The striped rug was the inspiration for the whole color scheme in the nursery, and later for her 'big girl,' bedding.

I wanted to come up with something special and original for above the crib. The initials are still one of my favorite parts of the room! I am currently working on a new piece for above the bed and dresser. (hopefully I will be posting about it soon!)

When we moved into the new house we painted all the bedrooms this lovely shade of gray. It's another Behr paint from Home Depot, called Ash. I love shades of gray with brown! I think it goes so well with all of Carson's things!

The best part of Carson's room is that there are no toys thrown around! I love that her room is full of sunshine and books and pretty dresses and nothing else! I think that the playroom, and the separation of the toys, really allows her to rest and relax in her room without distraction. Carson is a huge reader! I know this sounds silly at her age, but it is true. She literally sits up and reads to her animals every night. I love that her room is a special and magical place for her!

1 comments:

Marina said...

Great room!

LET IT BE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips