Man On Wire

Tuesday, March 15, 2011





In an attempt to watch less reality television, I have been taking full advantage of the huge selection of documentaries on our Netflix streaming.

Just like I prefer to read non fiction, I would much rather watch a film that is based in truth. Sadly, not all films are created equal! We have watched some that are truly moving and some that are not. I thought it might be helpful share some of my favorites. Beginning with Man On Wire.

The film is about Philippe Petit, a charismatic French high wire artist who gained fame for his high-wire walk between the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in the 70's. It is absolutely amazing to watch him dance on a cable high in the sky with nothing but a balancing pole to help him and no net below.

It is terrifying and beautiful!

0 comments:

LET IT BE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips