Magnificent Marni

Tuesday, March 1, 2011



I can't seem to help but to fall in love with the Italian lines this season. I have been trolling through the thousands of slides from the shows and spending far too much time pinning them on my Pinterest. (sort of a new obsession......check it out!)

I have been loving the grown up sexy seventies vibe that seems pretty constant throughout all the collections! Marni is another favorite of mine this season.

First, I love that the sophisticated silhouettes are made in retro prints, and then paired with bold jewelry. Even while they show ladylike slouchy leather gloves and flowy silk dresses, they funk the look up with messy, just rolled out of bed hair, and smudged makeup.

The best part of the look, of course, are the shoes! Marni makes THE BEST shoes. I am a huge fan of platforms! Huge! The multi-colored ankle wrap versions would make everything I own seem new and the black mary janes would be shoes to keep for a lifetime.

For me it works!

I love the clothes and I love the styling! Who wouldn't want to look like one of these girls? If I must grow up and act like an adult.....I would like to do it in a silk Marni dress, a green fur coat, and a pair of chunky platforms, right?

Opinions?

photos: www.Vogue.com

0 comments:

LET IT BE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips